Here is the amount of monitering they did on me from the time I walked in til the time I delivered.
FYI: this contains my labor story so if you'd rather not read about it skip this one.
A little preface after being on bed rest for 8 weeks to prevent preterm labor, I had then been off bed rest for almost 3 weeks doing everything I could to go into labor. I must say I was getting pretty frustrated not going into labor after so long of working so hard to stay pregnant. Now I can say I've pretty much test every myth and they all get an F.
On Saturday Night/sunday morning I got up once to go to the rest room and was feeling fine and normal. About an hour later at 3:15 I got up to a huge gush of water. I was completely soaked. I called the mid wife and my mom and with in about half an hour we were on our way to the hospital. The midwife suggested that if I wasn't contracting yet, which I wasn't at first, I could just stay home to labor but I told her I was really wanting an epidural so I was going right away. We arrived at the hospital around 4 and were up in our room by 4:10 starting the long list of questions. I kept asking about the epidural and the nurse told me that as soon as we got through the questions she check me and we could go from there. We got through them and I was at a ten, she told me sorry your not getting an epidural. They called in a midwife I'd never met to deliver my baby and all the nurses rushed in. I was needing to push so they all quickly gathered around and I pushed through 1 contraction and she was here. They told Josh he got to announce the gender but I saw it and couldn't contain myself so I shouted it's a girl! We are so glad that our new baby Aylssa is here safe!
Welcome to our family baby Alyssa!
She is a mini Melissa, and beautiful!
ReplyDelete