Friday, September 3, 2010

Catching up on Summer

I have been wanting to do a end of summer post showing all of the fun things we did in our back yard. I also have to add that the back yard is Josh's baby and takes meticulous care of it and we reaped all the benefits! We loved playing in the grass just about every day. I'm not sure what we would have done if we had still been in our rental (2 summers ago) with lots of rocks in the back yard. That really helps me appreciate our yard.

There was mud. Lots and lots of mud. Hailey took it upon herself to cover Troy in it but usually not herself. Usually until he couldn't stand it.



Then there was water of course. We later got a inflatable pool but I'm always disappointed with those ones. They never last even a few months in summer so next year we'll try something else!




And what is summer without watermelon? It was fun to got out and eat watermelon in the grass and then swim or just play with the hose to get all the sticky off! It'll be a little tough in the winter when we'll miss out on some of these fun things!




This was probably one of there favorite things we did for the first time was playing in the sink! And of course we can do that anytime! They can get kinda messy but it was worth it.



2 comments:

  1. Soo fun!! What cute kiddos! I love the pictures of them in the sink and the one of Troy covered in mud from the back:) I can't say we are going to miss the summer here it has been soo hot! What a great husband to take such good care of your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you are such a fun mom! I need to be more like that and not worry so much about the messes all the time lol!

    ReplyDelete