Thursday, December 11, 2014

Welcome baby Makenna! (Feb. 2014)

The night before Makenna was born I stayed up late getting at much as done as I could. Got the house pretty clean except the laundry. I knew it was my last chance per say. I was hoping it wouldn't jump start my labor too much. When I got to the hospital at 7:30 in the morning I was dilated to 6 cm. We got fluids and an Epidural at about 10:30-11 am. (By Dr. Karl Koerper.) (Josh told me that I did a good job of making it very clear what I wanted like an Epidural and also be very nice about it. That was a sweet compliment.) Then my midwife broke my water at 12ish. I just knew she was going to come so fast because all of my kids did! But she didn't. At about 3:30 they decided to roll me on my side to see if that would help things along and it did. At about 4:30 I was ready to push, they called in the Midwife and I had to wait just a minute for her because she was finishing up another delivery. After my first contraction/pushing I was apologizing to everyone and to Kathy Autry that she was not out yet. They kind of laughed and told me just to relax and it's okay. Makenna's head came out on the second push/contraction and the rest of her body on the third contraction/push. She is beautiful! She was born at 4:40pm and was 6 lb 12oz? on February 28th, 2014 with lots of dark hair. (02/28/14) She struggled with her breathing for the first few minutes and they were calling in for back up and as soon as the nursery nurses got there she was doing much better but it was a little bit tense for a few minutes. They also gave her a shot of vitamin K (which they give all babies) and were like, "Okay did she react, cry... something?" But they said not she did not really change her breathing. I'm so grateful that improved on her own! We also had to stay in the hospital for the full amount of days (3) because her billiruben was high/borderline high. We had to put her in a billiblanket and then after we were released we had to do the blanket at home for another 1.5 days and then she was doing better. She was also a slow eater so we started pumping and gave her bottles of breast milk which was tough to get her to finish but after 3 weeks of frequent appointments she was finally on track with her weight. We are so happy to have her!! We love you baby Makenna! Welcome to your family!













No comments:

Post a Comment