At the end of June, the 22, I went with Lori R. to travel to Arizona to go to our friend's wedding Laralee. I went with out my kiddos! It was actually really good for me because that was something that was hard for me to do! We left Friday around lunch time and I had my mom come and watch my kids until Josh got off of work. Josh did great with them and they did just fine with out me for 2 1/2 days.
As we were planning the trip I told Karl that if they decided to have there baby that weekend that that would be just perfect. He, of course, was like, "Yeah sure anything for you Melissa!" (It would be 2 weeks early before Leslie's due date and her last baby came 2 weeks past her due date, so it was a long shot.) So the first day, in the morning when we got there was the wedding, we helped with hair for all the girls and helped with food and decorating. We also helped sew Laralee into her dress because the zipper broke. She looked beautiful and they are a great/beautiful couple!
Anyway a little later in the day Karl called they wanted to meet up. Leslie had been having some labor pains, little did I know she was having lots of labor pains. Also she had been into the hospital that morning and was at a 4 I believe but left since she was planning an all natural birth. So we met up that the mall and Leslie was moving pretty slow and looking like she was in a lot of pain. I told her I think it was really time to go in and I'd put money on it that she was an 8, 9, or 10. I dropped them off at the hospital and sure enough she was a 9. I took Emma home to have a snack and play with while we waited for Leslie mom Darla to get into town. Leslie had the baby in the next couple of hours and darla arrived and we headed over to the hospital to go see them. They had a girl, and her name is Kennedy. We got to spend a good amount of time with them the next morning in the hospital too, before we had to head home to C.......! I felt so lucky and blessed to have been there for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment